Real User Monitoring-Based Global Traffic Management: The Best Alternative
Ensuring a speedy, consistent user experience across a best-effort network becomes increasingly challenging as traffic increases globally. Several global traffic management approaches attempt to tackle this problem, but only one of them succeeds.
In this paper, we discuss the evolution that is happening in content delivery optimization:
- Single Provider: One origin, no traffic management
- Multiple Origins: Simple failover or round-robin
- Geo-based Load Balancing: Origin selected by geography
- Synthetic Monitoring: Simultated performance models
- Real User Monitoring: True performance-based load balancing
The Cedexis Radar Community takes billions of measurements a day of every major CDN and cloud provider across thousands of ISPs. Download the whitepaper now to learn more about how Cedexis RUM can help you evolve your content delivery strategy.